How to Make Your WordPress Blog Compliant with the 7 Key GDPR Requirements Fast!
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation and is a new law passed by the European Union (EU) that mandates every website to follow new requirements.
Non-compliance can mean a fine for violating these requirements and some sources state as high as $20 million.
Even if your website is located outside the EU your site can be at risk for non-compliance of these new laws.
Here is the basic test:
- Do people from European union visit and interact with your site, if so, you need to be compliant.
- Can people from EU can sign up as a lead, member or customer on your site or give you their data in any other way, you need to be compliant.
- It doesn’t matter whether you sell anything to EU people or not. If they can access your website, you got to be compliant.
The plugin takes care of the following 7 compliance issues:
- Cookie Consent - Automatically informs your users about cookie use and gets their consent.
- Terms and Conditions (T&C) Acceptance - Generates a T&C automatically and also force acceptance by users.
- Right To Be Forgotten - Collect right to be forgotten requests and automatically notify website owners / admin.
- Data Access - Collect Data access requests and automatically inform admin
- Data Breach Notification - Sends data breach notification to all users as required by law.
- Data Rectification - Collect data rectification request and update owners and administrator.
- 100% Compliance - Comply with all GDPR requirements & save your business from law enforcement.
- WordPress Universal - Works with all WordPress sites including blogs, ecom stores, etc.